Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

OWH Sketch #192

Hi all! I finally finished this sketch card. What a busy Sunday! It's 9:15 p.m. but I did it. So here is my version of the sketch. I placed the oval sentiment in the upper right hand corner instead of the bottom left because it just suit my image better. That whole balance in design thing, lol.
192 Sketch

Believe or not I used a winter 6x6 paper pad. It's Blissful Blizzard by Fancy Pants. I wanted to make more of a masculine card so I figured I'd go dark and nuetral with the cardstock. The image is from Lili of the Valley Get Well Bunny ST062 and it comes with the sentiment. Unfortunately, I've had to send out too many of these and my stash was getting low so a get well card it was for this sketch.
For the center strip, I added some May Arts ribbon. I have very little May Arts ribbon. I live 45 minutes from my Local Scrapbooking Store so I don't get there too often; about 2 or 3 times a year. So, I treasure my May Arts ribbon. If anyone can tell me where I can find some on-line to buy by the yard I would appreciate it.  I just love that ribbon. It's so luscious; dare I say yummy!

Here are the Copic markers I used to color in the image. Working on building my stash of markers too. I own about 60 or so now. It's taken me about 2+ years to acrue those. It's slow going but I'm getting there. lol.  I'm definately enjoying a little more freedom with color choice now than when I owned ten! lol.

I hope you enjoyed my card and please consider becoming a follower of my blog! I'd love to check out your crafty projects and follow your blog too. I'm always looking for inspiration! Please leave a comment and let me know what you like best about this card. It helps me to know what you guys like and directs my posts.
Enjoy your upcoming week and please come back tomorrow to check out my Card Making Monday post.

Many Sunday blessings to you and now it's your turn to make something beautiful!

16 comments:

Jody Green said...

This card is so adorable! It would certainly make me feel better. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Donna Hanley said...

Very pretty papers to go along with that sweet image. It take a while to build up a stash of markers. They are so expensive. Enjoy your week.

Jen M said...

Very cute! That image is adorable. You can buy May Arts ribbon online; http://www.mayarts.com/ribbons/

Unknown said...

I like the subtle coloring of your rabbit with the greys (they can be hard to color with). Cute, cute - did I say cute card? Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jody!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen for commenting! I'll definately go there. I thought the May Arts website only sold to distributors. So excited!!!!

Unknown said...

You too Donna and thanks for commenting.

Unknown said...

Thanks Camille for commenting and I'm sure your hairdresser will love the stache cards!

Unknown said...

Thanks Anne for commenting! I do love this rabbit and his expression at looking in the spoon of medicine.lol I'm glad you liked my card and have a great week!

Linda said...

Adorable image...everthing is perfect! I think I own about 30 Copics at most. I am committed to getting refills before I move on to another color group.

Unknown said...

He is really sweet! I love how you put the card together, & the colors. Lili of the valley stamps are so cute.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Oh Amy, what a sweet image and card! Your mix of papers is wonderful and the colors yummy. Yes, the sentiment where you placed it is perfect! TFS.

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting Linda... I've just bought my first refills too, just 4. Mostly skin tones and that light pink I use for cheeks.

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting Linda... I've just bought my first refills too, just 4. Mostly skin tones and that light pink I use for cheeks.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jan, The 6x6 paper pads make coordinating the colors soooo easy! Its the best thing I've ever bought for cardmaking and not much paper waste either!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Marlene for taking the time to write such lovely comments. I really enjoyed making this card and are so please with how it turned out. I really must make one or two more just like it.