Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

OWH MWT So Sentimental 2


Welcome to my little space in infinity! I'm so glad your visiting! This card is for the OWH Midweek Throwdown ~ sentiment.  I knew when I saw this patterned paper I wanted to do a simple black and white theme. I've been into lots of layering lately. It sure uses up quite a bit of card stock but in the end I think the cards look so much more elegant and they feel more expensive and heavy weight.


 I've been trying to use up one of my 6 x 6 paper pads by Echo Park before jumping into my "My Minds Eye" pads. I'm seeing alot of people say they work on one pad at a time until it's gone. Probably a good thing for me to do however, I've already bought 8. I have learned though to coordinate card stock with the pad while you're in the store so that you'll have everything you need once you jump in at home. I've figured you would need just about 15 12 x 12 pages of cardstock to completely using 1- double sided 6x6 paper pad. This will average 30 cards. I usually buy about 4 coordinating colors for each pad just to give me some variety. I also have one of those plastic storage holders with 8 packs of 6 x 6 pads and their coordinating card stock clipped and labeled for that pad. I am going to attempt to work through each one, one at a time. Hopefully, that will slow down the spending sprees.

MATERIALS:
Echo Park Paper Everyday Eclectic
button from stash
Celebrate ribbon
Regal Flourishes Embossing folder by Sizzex (Stampin Up)
Martha Stewart Vinetage Floral Punch

Again, thank you for stopping by. Don't forget to follow me and please leave comments or suggestions on any post you see on my blog. The comments keep me going! Now it's your turn. Go make something beautiful!


3 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

I love a black and white card with a small touch of lovely papers and that touch of yellow in the flower. A winner in my book. Thanks for sharing.

Cherie said...

That ribbon is great with that patterned paper. The daisy really pops against all of that black and white.

Unknown said...

Thank you! Yes when I rummage through my button box and found the flower I was so excited. It fit perfectly. Thanks for your compliments.