Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

OWH Bootcamp & using my tools

 
Welcome to my blog! I'm so glad your here. I had fun with this challenge and used MME 6x6 pad Sunshine for these cards. For the month of May, OWH is doing a bootcamp on variety. Variety is the quality of having different forms or types. In these cards,  I used several categories: color, texture & value of light and dark.  Also, for this year, I really want to use more of the tools I've bought and never used. I was so excited to find these embossing folders and never bought any Stampin' up products before. Well, I got them and organized them......they are still the only Stampin' Up products I own and finally I was so excited to use them for the first time.
The sentiment stamp is one I picked up at Michaels from the dollar bin about 1 year ago.
As part of the texture I ripped one of the patterned papers and added a ribbon.


I used Stampin' up  Elegant Lines embossing folder  to add the texture


I used Stampin' Up Manhattan Rose embossing folder for the texture on this card.

I hope you enjoyed viewing my cards and hope your inspired to make your own card for this OWH Bootcamp challenge. I hope this will also challenge you to use some of the tools, stamps, embossing folders or embellishments you've bought and never used or put away for a long time. I would love to hear what you just HAD to HAVE and haven't used yet and hopefully you become inspired and go use it and come back and tell me about it! I love to hear your comments and please follow me. Your comments and my followers keep me creating and posting!
Now it's your turn....go make something beautiful!

3 comments:

Paula S. said...

These are both beautiful Amelia! The color combination is really striking and the embossing and nice layering adds a nice depth and texture to both of these. I bet we all have a few things we just had to have and yet never quite got to using. :) Thanks for joining in on the May Bootcamp!

Nancy Keller said...

Wow I love these color combinations and the use of that embossing folder! I have that one... It's a favorite and I love what you did with it here.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous. I love the luscious colors! Glad you got to use your hoarded materials!!

Evelyn