Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A few cakes


So I've been teaching this technique for a while but never made a full cake using only this flower so i figured since I had some time off from my cake classes I would make a few cakes. I mixed blues and pinks of light and dark shades and then iced the sides with a basket weave.

This cake for was for my father in-law. I wanted to do pretty cake but using masculine colors. I used light and dark blue pansies and wild roses. I swirled the icing rather than iced the cake smooth.


 This was my attempt at making a St. Patty's day cake. Uggh! I made the shamrock too big and once I got started with the wording I realized I ran out of room. Oh well, it tasted really good. At least with cake mistakes you can eat them and they taste just as good. :-) I used the star fill-in and the rosettes for the border. I used a cookie cutter pressed into the cake as a line tracing for the shamrock.

I made this cake for a client of mine who had been generous to me. It was just before Easter, so I choose to use some spring floral. On this cake, I used the Reverse Shell, Swiss Dots, pink and white Pansies, purple Wild Roses, purple Violets, pink Primroses and some Swirl Drop flowers.

I am hoping to make a few more cakes just for fun when the time allows. Hopefully it won't be too long before I pick up a decorating bag again! lol
Thank you for stopping by my blog and please leave comments. I love to hear your thoughts. Don't forget, make everyday beautiful!

No comments: