Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Poinsettia Christmas Cake




This was my first attempt at making a Poinsettia sugar flower. My original cake design had 3 flowers in varying sizes but even with a 12 inch size cake, having 3 of these large flowers would have never worked so clean and simple it would have to be. This cake went to my pastor for the holiday season.

I made each seperate center using sugar paste and pre-made stamens, dusted them with varying shades of green and red dusting powder I gathered them together in a bunch once dried.  I used powdered red color to get the darker red color, and once assembled i used shimmer dust both on the cake and the flower to get a little bit of shine.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: